Tuesday, August 20, 2019

It's been a minute...

wow.. it's been a long time since I've posted.  Mainly because I have had zero to write about. No changes in my weight, no changes in my body... just me living my life the same way.

We were on vacation for a few weeks in July and I spent 0 time on the computer. This is the main reason that I did not create a new post or update anyone elses. I needed a mental break from my keyboard, mostly from work but all in all a break from googling and reading etc was also good.

When I returned from vacation, life and work just go busy and the time I spent on my computer were mostly for work reasons and when I finished work at the end of the day, I would shut her off. I needed that.

Well I'm back now. I gained 3 lbs on my vacation and I have finally gotten back to where I started. So I'm at 170.5 which was where I was just before vacation. So still in the 169-171 range that I have not been able to break in almost a year. UGH!

I know what I need to do it. I am just too lazy. I like my weekend splurges and I like the occasional treat. My body is happy right now. It's getting stronger at the gym and shockingly I'm still going 3-4 times a week. That's 3 months! Crazy....

This has been a stressful few weeks with R getting ready to leave again to go play hockey in another province for the year. His car has had  nothing but problems since we bought it for him so I stress about that wanting it to be safe before it drives 1500KM away from me. We will get there. I just need to have patience and trust in the process.

We are not going to go with him this time. He's on his own for now. I plan to visit end of September, Thanksgiving and then he's home for a quick few games in November. I hope he has more confidence this time than last and that he sticks it out. But if he doesn't, he doesn't. It's really not the end of the world.

N is staying home this year. He's switching schools to a local school here and I'm thrilled that he will be home with us.

So need to get through the next few weeks and then I think I'll do a refocus on my eating to try and shake a few pounds before the end of the year.


2 comments:

  1. You know...maybe the little break from writing, computers and weight loss in general will be just what you needed to shake your body loose of that weight range that you are stuck in!

    I am also resistant to give up my occasional splurges...I am trying to find the balance between living a Puritan weight loss life and living healthy. There had got to be a balance...and I’m on a mission to find it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Not sure if it was a needed break or just lazines! But yes, finding the happy balance would be the key! The search continues.

    ReplyDelete