Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Scale Obsession

I'm a daily weigher and if the number is either too high or surprisingly low in my mind, I become an obsessive weigher. In that I weigh myself every time I go to the bathroom which can be about 6 times during my working day. 

 Over the last few months I have been so proud of myself for not being scale obsessed. I even went a few days without weighing at all! Something I rarely do. 

My weight was always somewhere in the 172-175 lb mark. So higher than it has been and higher than I truly like it but nothing to make me obsess. 

Well a few weeks ago I started to see that weight drop. I believe it was a result of what I was doing in terms of intermittent fasting and cutting out excess carbs. I even hovered back to the 170 mark and guess what? 

I became scale obsessed again. I want to get over that darn 170 wall so bad and see the 160s on a regular basis. It has now been over 2 weeks and I'm back in the 173 range. 
 
I know I'm making better choices for my body and what I'm eating but I just want to see the scale go down and I don't want to be scale obsessed anymore either! 

I do like the scale keeps me accountable and on track, but I don't like the hold is has on me. 

Oh well, I've been like this since I was a teenager so I guess some things just don't change and I need to work with them, rather than fight them. 



2 comments:

  1. Well said! I am also a daily weigher and can get SOOO obsessed! I try really hard to hold firm to my 'only once a day' weigh in though!!!!! It keeps me sane and I can then use it as a guide to my progress. Keep telling yourself that only one weigh in....the same time...wearing the same/similar/no clothes is the true weigh in! Everything else is fluctuations that are not true..due to clothes, shoes, water you just drank, dinner you just ate, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I weigh once a week. I am scale crazy but not because I weigh all the time but it dictates my mood. If I lose I am happy & I like myself but if I gain I really get down and really hate myself. I wish I could just get to goal so I could move past the losing weight obsession.

    ReplyDelete