Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Adios Summer

Summer.... I love ya to pieces but it's time for you to move on. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE summer. I love long days,  the heat, picking up in the evening and going for a ride or a walk or out to socialize with friends.  Summer is one long party. 

As much as I love the 3 month long party,  I don't like the havoc that it puts on my body. I drink too much, eat too much, don't sleep as well and my skin takes a beating with the sun even though I do try to wear sunscreen all the time. 

I miss routine. I miss starting my evening routine a few hours after dinner and shhhh don't tell anyone, but I miss the early nights.  I don't mind when it gets dark out at 8 cause I'm one of those people that goes to bed at 8:30! It just makes more sense to me to go to bed when it's dark! 

I need badly to get back into a routine. Good sleeps, less food and drink and taking better care of my body. 

I gained 8 lbs this summer. On monday I was back up to 178.6.  I never got into the 160s like I had vowed to try and do each and every calendar flip.  I'm not even going to say it now cause I feel that making goals, just makes me feel like a failure when I don't achieve them.  So all I am going to say, is that I'm vowing to take better care of myself.  If the weight falls off (which I hope it does), great. As long as I'm eating better, sleeping better and moving more, that is all I need. 

So adios Summer.... it's been fun as always. See ya next year! 



1 comment:

  1. I didn't lose weight this summer either. I am up 10. I am disappointed. I have to get back on track. I have been struggling for so long. My anxiety is getting the best of me. Stress eating. I just want my health & I am not sure I can do.it.

    ReplyDelete