Monday, February 5, 2024

January Recap - what worked, what didn't work

January was a success! 

I managed to get my groove back and have made some serious strides to improving my health. 

I lost 5.8 lbs in January which I'm thrilled about.  Finished off the month at 180.8, so so close to the 170s. I have not seen the 170s in some time, but I can smell it, taste it, feel it! It's there for the grabbing! 

I did well with my eating.  I drastically reduced my snacking and as it was dry January, I did not have any alcohol, except for the one planned night, on January 28th. 

Apart from the food choices, this is what I'm most proud of below.... that is my activity calendar from my Peloton account. Look at all them blue dots!! Yes, the first week was a bit of a bust, but as of the 8th, I would say I killed it. The blue dots represent rides, strength and stretching activities. I told myself at the start of January I wanted to commit to doing 4 physical activities, other than walking the dog 2x daily, a week.  And I did it. 


I'm very very proud of myself. 

So what worked? EVERY THING ABOVE!!! 

What didn't work? Actually nothing, didn't work. I didn't have any point in the month where I thought, "man I screwed up". I did have the one evening on the 28th where my food choices were not ideal, but who cares? It was one day, I planned it, I survived it, I moved on. 

I'm so excited for February.... let's do this! 

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous January! You smashed it!!!! I can’t wait to see what you do in February!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great January. I got serious too & lost 4 pounds in January. Which is quite good for me. It was the first time in a very long time that I lost weight. I am working on another successful month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job in January! My Peloton membership downgraded to the Peloton One, so I only get 3 equipment classes a month now :(

    ReplyDelete