Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Springing into Spring

Last month was another success. I managed to lose 2.6 lbs which originally I was not happy about, but when I stopped and thought about it, I realized that the loss was 1/2 a lb a week, which is amazing for me. I also did not have the usual yo-yoing of losing 2, going up 2, losing 2, going up 3 etc. 

Yes, my body did ups and downs but they were more controlled and overall, the number was on the decline. 

This is what my WI app looked liked at the end of the month so yes, ups and downs, but trend was DOWN!  On Feb 29th I was 178.6 so IN the 170s!!  I'm over the wall., now onto the next wall!  


My exercise has continued. I have reduced my strength training to 3 or 4 days a week rather than 5 so I can add in more rides/walks. All seems good so far. 

That is all the good. Here is the bad. I found out on Monday, that our family doctor has had to retire due to medical reasons and now our entire family is orphaned. We have NO family doctor. I had this family doctor for over 40 years.  There is no doctor to buy the practice and there are no doctors available to take us on.  I'm terrified and angry. Our Canadian medical system sucks. Yes, it's free, but there are 700,000 people in my province alone that do not have a doctor. I'm now on a list with 400,000 other residents trying to find a family doctor. On top of that, the 3 walk-in clinics that we had in our town have converted to full practices and they are no longer seeing walk-ins unless you are a registered patient with them. This just sucks. I've been very upset about the entire thing all week but I can't make myself sick about it, because I don't have a doctor to help me with stress/sickness. 

Sigh... so all the more reason to keep on this fight for my health. 



2 comments:

  1. I live in BC also, I am so sorry you lost your doctor! I just got a doctor after going over 10 years without, and I can say it is very hard to not have one. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH... the things we suffer through to live in such a beautiful place!

      Delete