Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Sometimes you just gotta put on the lashes

Last night I attended a dinner for a friend that turned 50 over the weekend. I did not want to go to the dinner.  I wanted to stay home, curl up on the couch with the tv remote and just chill. 

I'm not a fan of the birthday girl's husband and as my hubby unable to attend, due to a cracked tooth repair, I was just dreading the entire evening. 

Normally when I get in that mood, I either make an excuse not to go or just slap on a pair of jeans, put my hair in a pony, maybe throw on some mascara and go. 

Last night I thought, maybe if I really doll myself up, I will feel awesome about myself and have a good time. And you know what?? It worked. 

I dragged from the closet,  a cute as hell halter top dress and  some strappy wedge sandals.   I shimmied my way into my strapless bra and tummy control spanx, put my hair up and yes, I pulled out the fake lashes. 

Here is the dress. 



I looked good. I felt amazing. And I had a great time.  I didn't get a picture of myself but kinda wished I had now. 

After 18 or so months of living in track pants and no makeup, it was a reminder that sometimes just making yourself "feel" good and pretty, changes everything! 



No comments:

Post a Comment