Thursday, August 26, 2021

Wall climbing

I feel the creep happening again. 

The dreaded weight creep. 

Before my vacation I was hovering at 169/170. Basically getting up to the top of the wall, sitting there for a bit and then jumping back down again. Never quite crossing the wall to the other side. 

Now - I'm not not only not on the wall, but I've jumped back away from the wall. 

When I finished my vacation, I weighed at 174ish... so I had gained 4-5 lbs. Completely what I expected after 2 weeks of basically eating/drinking whatever I wanted. Usually that takes a few days to fall off and I settle back into my pre-vacation weight again. 

Not this time. I have been back to work since the 9th of August and the weight is still high. I did manage to get down to 170.4 this past Monday and I thought I was on a track to getting near that wall again, but this morning when I weighed it was 173. 

This has happened before and If I don't get hold of it soon, I'll soon be talking about the 179/180 wall. It happened last fall and without even noticing I was back near the 190s.

My goal this year was to get to the 160s and it just hasn't happened. I saw it on the scale maybe 5 times over the summer but it was just a peak. 

So, summer is basically over. I do have one more week of vacation and we will be heading away somewhere but I'm not in the mindset of drinking and eating anymore. At least I hope I'm not. 

We had sushi last night and I feel so bloated today. I'm also mid cycle which tends to be heavier for me on the scale but I'm done making excuses... well not done, but I do need to get serious. 

As of today,  I'm committing to getting serious.  I really really need to do this. For my physical health, for my mental health and for my wardrobe. 

So here we go. Starting weight 173.1. 

Let's get back over that wall! 



3 comments:

  1. I hear ya!!! If you don't get a handle on it, it will just creep higher and higher. Keep doing what you are doing.....you will be on the other side of that wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine has done nothing but go up! 😿 I have to change. Meet you on the other side of that wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is smart to know that it will just creeping up if you don't take control of it now. I can't believe I let myself gain as much weight as I did. It's easy to keep thinking you will do it tomorrow, next week, etc. Better to do it now!

    ReplyDelete