Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Uhm, it's June!

Where did the month of may go to!? 

It's been a whirlwind.  Lots of celebrations this month, a few vacation days sprinkled in and not much to report in the weight loss department. 

I started off May in the mid 170s and with the known celebration dates in the month, I fully expected to end the month in a similar position or possibly worse! 

I also had a surprise visit from Aunt Flo mid cycle... so that caused some serious unwanted/unplanned bloat! 

On Tuesday 24th of May, I weighed in at 179.4!!! Uh...no thanks. Way too close to get back to the 180s.  It scared me because I had vacation planned that week, my birthday and a 25th anniversary party. All in one week. 

I still had the bulk of celebrations in the last week and I was determined to not enter the 180s for June! 

My plan? Intermittent fasting 20:4 and making sure I was eating enough during my eating window. Lot's of protein and fat! 

My birthday weekend involved a few slices of cake, a few drinks and a bunch of dinners out but I managed to keep within my plan. 

Today, June 1st - I weighed 174.2. 

Not bad. I will take it. 

Going to continue with the same plan for the next month as we have our main summer vacation planned July 2-9th. We are going somewhere warm so there will be shorts and bathing suits.... and likely bad choices with food and drinks! 

Would love to lose a few more lbs in the next month but I will be happy if my weight stayed the same and did not get higher. 

One month!! 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome job with making a plan and sticking to it! I have been intermittent fasting for 12 hours, thinking of extending the fasting period. I keep reading about all the benefits of it, in addition to weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June is off to a slow start. This week I broke the gaining cycle. I just kind of gave up for a while. This week I squeezed out a small loss of .2 pounds. I really need to just do it.

    ReplyDelete