Friday, June 17, 2022

1/2 way to vacay!!

At the start of the month I had some recovery to do from the crazy month that was may. Although I didn't show a gain at the end of the month, my weight did some crazy fluctuations during May and I know my body needed to do some healing of that. 

So how did June start? I started the month at 174.2, right about where I have been for the last 4 or so months. I had one final birthday celebration and although it included exercise (biking), it also included many stops at breweries, cideries and with a final end with a BBQ at home with the crew!  We had a blast and it was worth it. I knew that after this celebration, I was going to have to get serious and buckle down if I wanted to get things under control before vacation. 

oh - take a look at this adorable cake my girlfriends got me!! 


So right after my "final" birthday celebration, I decided I needed to buckle down. And then my period started. I had had a surprise period in May, so I figured I wasn't due until the end of June but nope.... it had made another appearance!... 

With that came the bloating and the cravings etc etc. 

I'm happy to say I stayed on track. Doing my IF 20:4 and even got a 22:2 in a few times and the scale finally started to budge. This week I was down to 171.5. I'm so happy about that. 

I've pretty much eliminated dairy, nuts (with the exception of peanut butter) and any snacks. 

I often break my fast with a protein shake with peanut butter and then I don't have anything until dinner which is usually a large serving of protein (beef, pork, fish or chicken) and veggies/salad. 

Feels so good that the scale is finally moving and my clothes are fitting better. I have some nights where I'm not sleeping as well as I'd like, but that could also be my allergies and allergy meds that I'm taking. 

Been sporadically measuring my blood glucose and it's been perfect.. Between 80-100 before and after meals! 

Hopefully I can continue this comfortable rhythm into vacation as I know that's going to be another hurdle. 

Father's day weekend this weekend and another family dinner out, but I'm not too worried about it. 

Oh... and the warmth has finally started to arrive!

7 comments:

  1. I haven't built up to a 22:2 or 20:4 fast yet, but I would like to. Have you ever read the book "Fast Feast Repeat" by Gin Stephens? I am only about a quarter of the way through it, and I am learning ways that I am accidentally weakening the effects of my fasts. She definitely advocates for the longer fasts for fat loss, so I want to work my way toward that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read that book, but I will look for it! I find the 20:4 for me is a sweet spot and I have zero cravings or hunger. I've only done the 22:2 a few times. Takes a bit more planning as I usually make the 2 hours between 2 and 4 so before I start making dinner. At first I was worried I wasn't getting enough calories in during the eating window but when I wrote them down.... they were right on track. Makes me think about how many extra calories I eat when there is snacking involved throughout the day!

      Delete
  2. How do you avoid the dips during the fast? I get the sweats/shakes if I go too long. Since I run at night, if I don't eat breakfast or lunch I just can't do well. I am currently not eating after dinner anymore & cutting way down on peanut butter. I have been stalled for too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cutting out the snacking after dinner is HUGE!!! Trying to get hubby to stop that but he still snacks when I go to bed. With regards to the dips... Electrolytes!!! I might have them a few times a day if needed.

      Delete
    2. How do you get electrolytes?

      Delete
    3. I use ultima electrolytes. Buy them on Amazon. Just add to my water 😁

      Delete
  3. I need to get back to the IF…I was doing the 16:8 and was planning on getting to a 20/22 hour fast. Never made it!

    Starting June the same can be considered a victory you know! Sometimes life is crazy and we just need to hold on…which you did and now you are back at it and doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete