Thursday, February 16, 2023

Breaking old habits

The scale has not moved but that's ok. I'm working on developing new habits, or rather breaking old ones. 

It's crazy how quickly we develop new habits. Back in the summer, even though I was pretty lax on what I ate, I did not snack. Ever. Or very very rarely. Lately, I have had what feels like scheduled snacks. I have a small snack at 2 in the afternoon and then usually again around 4 or 4:30 after I finish work. It's a small snack, but it's a snack and it has become the norm.  I need to get back into my proper eating window of 2 meals (no snacks). 

I'm desperately trying to break those little habits that have crept back into my life. Habits that I didn't even notice were happening because they had just become the norm. 

The goal this week is to break old habits and create new ones. I'm trying to break the habit of snacking in the afternoon. That means I have to eat enough at lunch to sustain my hunger pangs until dinner time. I'm pretty good about not eating anything after 7:30. 

I have managed to greatly reduce the number of carbs I have been eating and I've already noticed I'm sleeping much more soundly and my skin is improving! Yay... so good news on that front.  Eating less carbs should help with the "snacking" too.... 


3 comments:

  1. My scales up. I am so fed up. I keep saying I will change but I don't. I just don't know what to do. I am thinking of skipping dinner a few times a week. My husband says I could simply cut every portion in half. I continue running in the morning but obviously working out doesn't help. I have to fix my eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... unfortunately, 80% of weight loss is in the kitchen. Skipping dinner is not a terrible idea... but make sure you eat enough in the lunchtime window to keep you satiated. We got this.... :)

      Delete
  2. I've been totally focused on healthy habits lately. It's crazy how quickly the old habits creep back in!!!!

    ReplyDelete