Thursday, February 2, 2023

Like a smack in the face!

 For the last year I have been satisfied with my weight. Although I would love to drop lower and finally get and STAY in the 160s, it hasn't been a priority and I've been more than satisfied living my life in the 170s. 

For over a year I have shuffled between 170 and 178 comfortably while still living a good life. I haven't been exercising, I've been able to socialize with family and friends and not worrying about what I eat, life has been good and I've been happily maintaining. 

Until this week. On January 30th when I stepped on the scale it read 181.3. It's only a couple lbs from where I was the week before, but there was something about that 8 that smacked me in the face. 

I was down all day. I ate chocolate and candy and just wallowed. A stupid number made me feel so bad. 

I always told myself that regardless what the scale said, I would base my "health" and wellbeing on how I was feeling. When I stopped to think about that, I had to admit to myself that I haven't been feeling great. I know my clothes are tighter than they have been, my skin is awful right now and I have woken up a few times lately and hubby has told me I am snoring again. All signs that the extra few lbs are hurting me. It's not just a number... it's reality. 

I think deep down I knew that I've been overplaying my hand with the drinks and the snacks and the sweets, but I kept saying to myself "As long as the scale keeps in the 170s, I'm doing alright!". Well, the scale shifted and therefore, I need to shift too. 

I'm not going to start any new diet or way of eating, I'm just going to seriously reel things in this time. I need to feel better. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been in a struggle for months. I am at a loss what diet to try. I decided to just cut back on quantity. I know I need to cut back on sugar. I have to get this weight off. It has been far too long since I lost. Almost a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to feel better too. I like the way you worded some things here. The extra pounds are hurting me too, and I need to do something (a lot of things!) about it now.

    ReplyDelete