Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Getting Deeper

The Rut is getting deeper. 

I don't get it. I've reigned in the snacking. I've drastically reduced my carbs and I'm drinking more water. 

I've been tracking my weight daily and my weight keeps climbing. Well it started to drop last week and then started to rise again. 

UGH. 

I'm getting very discouraged. 

It's been 73 days since my last period so I don't know if my body is holding onto weight for that reason or if something else is going on. Maybe it's hormonal? 

I've been bloated. Like soooo soooo bloated. It's been going on for a few weeks and it's even been painful at times. I have started taking magnesium at night which seems to have had a bit of improvement but I still feel so puffy. 

I'm going to keep going because what other choice do I have? Hoping to see some sort of loss next week. 

4 comments:

  1. I am there myself. The lack of weight loss could certainly be hormonal. Since my diagnosis of hypothyroidism along with age and menopause it hasn't been easy. I have had no success in the last month or two. I know I need to cut back more but it isn't easy. I continue to exercise regularly so that helps but not much. The fact you feel bloated is a symptom so be sure to follow up with your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I gained. I am so disappointed & ready to give up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely say hormones are messing with you and your efforts!!! Sooooooo not fair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hormones do sound like a factor and holding onto all that water you mention. If your process is good then I would just say that old trust the process. If your process is bad then tweak it. I hope your body lets go of enough to let you feel comfortable.

    ReplyDelete