Friday, June 15, 2018

The start of the stall.....

Since taking on this new journey and new WOE (way of eating), I have been studying and looking up websites, watching videos and reading other's journeys to learn as much as I can.

This is a scientific diet that really deals with how the body burns energy and it can impact a lot of different areas of the body as well including my BP, cholesterol, thyroid etc so I need to keep on top of things.

I am needing to book a physical with doc in the next month or so and I'm a bit worried about the blood work that will have to be performed. I'm sure my cholesterol levels will be high as this diet does raise the numbers for most over the first 6 months. Oh well, it's a good base to start with.

I have also been reading a lot about the stall - the dreaded stall where you just don't lose any weight no matter how diligent you are with the diet. The information shows that this typically happens from week 2 - 6. And can last from 1 - 4 weeks!!! NO!!!!



I have never been on a diet where the weight loss stalls. No matter what I have done in the past, my food intake has determined how much I lose in a given week - I have been in complete control.

Sounds like I'm no longer in control based on what I put in my mouth. My body will decide when it's time to shed the weight etc.

So I am a daily weigher..... in other words, I weigh in every single day.  Sometimes multiple times a day - its' an obsession 😕. Well after losing 7 lbs last week, nothing has dropped off the scale... well that's not true, I might have shed another ounce.... UGH....

I must plug on. I feel so much better and my stomach is starting to slowly flatten so I need to make sure to make measurements and how my clothes are fitting the measurements of my successes for the next few weeks/months.

Going to be hard but I'm going to keep at it.  Sunday is weigh in day.... wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. At least you know that the stall is normal on the weight loss plan that you are following...that HAS to make it easier! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point MaryFran... I think you are right. Knowing that it's coming does help. The yoyo is so frustrating isn't it?!

      Delete