Monday, July 16, 2018

Goal Weights and Disappointments

Last week was ho hum. Nothing too interesting to report other than the same old story. I do feel like I have more energy this week and I'm working at building the energy even more.  IT's been hot this week however, so some of the tiredness etc is weather related.

I had a true HIGH and LOW this weekend. My high was that on Saturday when I weighed myself I was 189.0. This is the lowest weight that I have been in over 10 years. Last year I managed to get myself down to 189.5 but then right after that I inched higher until I gained back enough to put me back over 200 lbs.

So, imagine how I felt all day saturday... I felt amazing and even more excited to be able to record the great number the next day on sunday. Well I weighed in sunday and I was back to 190.


I tell myself over and over that the scale numbers don't matter. But they do!

So after having my minor pity party I recorded the 190.0 in my journal which still puts me down 1 lb but it wasn't the magic number that I wanted.

Here is the deal though.... if i didn't weigh in daily, I would not have seen that 189.0. Trying to decide if that is motivation that I did actually see it or if it would have been better if I had not?

Oh and went for dins with friends on friday night and again, nobody noticed the loss. :(  I thought I was noticing something when I looked in the mirror, but to add to my disappointment, I took progress pics of myself yesterday and I look exactly the same as I did 10 lbs ago. EXACTLY THE SAME.

When will I see a difference? I feel a difference, but I don't see it yet. Will it be 25lbs, 30 lbs etc? 

Maybe it's the fat from inside my body that is melting, or maybe it's just water weight. You still would think there would be less bloating or something.

Oh well, pressing on.




1 comment:

  1. Scales are stupid!!!! I know it....yet I allow myself to be ruled by the numbers!

    ReplyDelete