Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Summer sickness

I have a cold.. or Keto flu - whatever it is, I don't fee good. No energy, my nose is all plugged up and I have a headache. This is going on day 5...sick of it.

Although the throat does not hurt as much as it did last week, but it is still nagging and the phlegm is nasty. Oh well, lots of fluids, plugging through it.

Weigh in was Sunday - which was also my start of Shark Week!

193 bitches!!! that's down 3 lbs from last sunday.

I was pretty excited to see that figuring I would be on the upturn of the scale with the TOM week and all but looks like I held strong.

I have been hungry... so hungry so I can attribute that to TOM of month week for sure and the scale kinda showed that today. I was up 2 lbs from sunday... but I have faith it will be gone by next weigh in. Or it better be!!

This week is all about keeping healthy, getting my water in and a few walks. No Zumba for me tonight, I'm just too tired.

A few things I've noticed on this diet so far:
1) I'm rarely hungry - other than TOM
2) I do not crave sweets much at all anymore and I LOVE SWEETS!!  I could devour an entire bag of candy before if it were put in front of me!
3) I am getting to love veggies. I used to like veggies but I would rather eat a banana or apple over a cup of broccoli  I think much of that is because I am limited in what I can eat.
4) my skin is so much better!! I always had some sort of rashy-thing on my torso and it appears to be gone now!
5) little to no heart burn.
6) very little gas :) oops.... scuze me.

negative things I have noticed:
1) Carbs are in everything as are sugars so it's hard to stay completely away from them.
2) Limited food to eat
3) when I ask for no starches or breads to be brought with my dinner in a restaurant I don't always get a substitution and I have to pay the same amount.
For example on sunday we went for breakfast and I ordered an omelet and asked for no potatoes or toast. My bill was not any cheaper and I was not offered anything as substitution. Oh well..... the price we pay I guess.
4) I really dislike the taste of sugar substitutes
5) eating out is challenging sometimes.
6) muscle pains if I don't get all my electrolytes in!!

It's all still early in the process though, and so far I will take the good over the bad for sure.

We press on.....

1 month today!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment