Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Almost 7 months of semi Self-Isolation

 Well that's not entirely true. I have not been in self-isolation but I have been spending much less time with public than before the pandemic started. 

A few things that I have realized during this last 7 months: 

1. Time FLIES! I always thought time flew by but actually watching it closely this past spring and summer I definitely feel time is flying by way faster than I want it to. My kids are growing up, I'm getting older, my family (dad) is getting much older and we need to slow life down a bit and really enjoy things. 

2. I don't need as many shoes and clothes as I thought I did. Well maybe I do, but it has been nice to not feel the pressure to shop for clothes for each of the seasons. I can wear the same thing again this season and I likely won't need any fashionable boots or other wintery jackets to wear other than the ones that take me the grocery store or the park with the dog. Money should be saved or spent on things that we really need.  

3.  I love my close knit circle of best friends. There are 6 of us and we have pandemic'd together. We would get together each weekend for a few cocktails and laughs. Maybe go for a bike ride or walk. It's been nice having them around and I'm glad we have spent our time together. There will be many more get togethers in the coming months, I'm sure. 

4. I miss the gym. Terribly. But I'm still too "scared" to return. I don't want to get sick. I don't want to get covid if I can help it and I don't trust the person using the machine or weight before me to clean up properly. Hopefully sometime soon, but for now I am not going and that is ok. 

5. I don't work out if I don't have the gym. Ugh. This one has hurt.  I told myself that I'd work out at home daily and try to get my work out in but it just didn't happen. I'd get bored. I like the personal challenge that working out at the gym gives me. Again.. hope to return to that soon. 

6. I can't eat mostly low carb and then sneak in some weekend carbs. Cookies, cakes and crackers (the 3 bad c's are not my friend). My weight has fluctuated for the last 7 months. I keep losing 3 lbs and then gaining the same 3 lbs over a period of a week. I weigh the same now as I did in May.  Actually... maybe a bit higher. My clothes do not fit any smaller than before because I wear sweatpants and yoga pants and things that have stretch. Actually my jeans do still fit but not as well as they did before. 

7. I have to put me first. I'm a more enjoyable person to both my husband and my kids if I make a little time for me. If that means not making dinner cause I'm working on a puzzle so be it.  They will survive. 

That's it for now. I think it's time I start doing some sort of tracking or accountability tracking at least as I need to get back on track... lol (no pun intended).  So.... that's it for now. I have to come up with a plan.  Time to get this shit done. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the first one, that time flies! I can't believe we are over halfway through September already. It's like being out of routine since March made it even harder to keep track of time and how quickly it's slipping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m with you...where had time gone!!! I have for the most part totally enjoyed the lower levels of social outings. I’m happy as a lark at home with Jason with occasional forays to see our parents and my brother! :-)

    I am guilty of not taking time for myself and then feel guilty when I do!!!! I need to fix that!!!

    ReplyDelete