Monday, November 23, 2020

Weight Loss Q & A

 So a fellow blogger posted some weight loss questions and answers and tagged any followers of hers to play along so here goes.... 


1. What is the reason for your weight loss? 

That has changed over the years and there have been many different times I've dieted and tried to lose weight. It's been for holidays or celebrations (son's graduation), but this most recent reason was for me. I had visited the doctor and he put me on BP meds, I had a scare at the hospital one evening a few Christmases ago where I thought I was having a heart attack and I said enough is enough. BTW - I wasn't having a heart attack, my potassium was super low though and the results look the same. But anyways... this time it was for me. I wanted to be healthy and to live long enough to see my grand babies. 

2. What pitfalls have you come across that have made your weight loss unsuccessful? 

Laziness. If I stop trying, the weight just comes back on. I started my journey may 2018 and lost all the weight in the first 7 months. Since then, I had been maintaining although I would love to lose more but over the last year, the weight has slowly started to creep back on. It's laziness. I stop paying attention to what I'm eating. I get complacent, figure a bite here and there won't matter, but it does. IT all creeps in. 

3. What are your favorite meal ideas for weight loss? 

I follow a fairly low carb, higher fat diet so I rarely feel deprived when I eat. My favorite meal is a nice rich protein like a steak or salmon and then have it with a veggie casserole made with lots of yummy veggies and ooey gooey cheese.  

4. What are your favorite exercises? 

I am not currently exercising but I did join a gym in spring of 2019 and was going religiously until March 2020 (pandemic closure). I have not returned since it reopened.  I love lifting weights. I go between loving leg days and then loving back days. I hate cardio! Hate it..... 

5. How do you stay motivated? 

Honestly, it's the number on the scale still for me. I wish it was not, but I need that scale to move in a downward way for me to be motivated. When it goes up... I can lose motivation and feel a woe is me type of attitude. And if I skip the scale all together for a few days or weeks at a time, I lose all motivation. So the dreaded scale is the big one. But if an event or something else is coming up, I do feel motivation to kick myself into gear so that I look how I want to look for the occasion. 

6. How do you celebrate your success? 

Shop! I love to shop! And I love to shop when the size of my clothes changes... but I'll buy shoes too. 

7. Have you got an overall goal? 

I'd like to be in the 160s for awhile and see how that feels.  My overall goal is to be off my meds, so whatever weight goal that is, is my ultimate goal. 

8. Do you follow any weight loss accounts on social media, if so which ones? 

Too many to list :) 

9. Where do you buy your workout clothes? 

Old navy, lululemon, amazon, Under Armor. 

10. What advice would you give to any weight loss newbies? 

Your journey is your own. Don't compare your loss or your weight to anyone else's, but take their success as your motivation. You will have blips in the road, but don't give up. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing! I have never bought anything from lululemon! I ma my have to change that because I need workout clothes!!

    ReplyDelete