Friday, December 18, 2020

What's life without hurdles?

Well nothing like a holiday season without a trip to the ER! 

UGH.. not me, my son. He's ok. He went for a run the other night and cut from the sidewalk to go into the park and slipped on a patch of mud.  Xrays show that there is a break... of course! 

He will visit the orthopedic surgeon today and see if surgery is necessary and if so, will it happen before Christmas?  My husband broke his ankle in the exact same place 17 years ago. His recovery was hell but I was also trying to work full time and take care of 2 young boys (2 and 5) at the time. This time should be different. Nick is healthy, young and determined to get better quickly. Just sucks after the last few months with his struggles of anxiety and depression that this should happen.  Exercise was his outlet, so not being able to get out and exercise will likely bring back some tough times. 

I told him it's the perfect end to a perfectly shitty year and if there is ever a time to do this, it's now. We have nowhere to go and he's not in school or work so he can take the time to recover at home. 

Doesn't make it any easier though. God I hope 2021 is better!! 

For me personally, I've been in a bit of a funk as well. Just lazy... struggle to go out for walks or get out of the house. Not in the Christmas mood at all. Most of my shopping is complete, but I do have wrapping etc to do. 

I haven't had any type of appetite this past week which is odd as it's my TOM, so my weight did drop this week. I lost 1.6  (177.8). Not sure why I have no appetite but I guess I'll just roll with it for now. 

Working today and Monday and then I'm off until the 29th. Honestly, can't even believe that Christmas is next week.... 


4 comments:

  1. A broken ankle sounds crazy painful! I hope he heals up fast.

    I have had zero motivation or drive lately too. I figure I will force myself to work out the next few days but stop stressing over my eating. Monday is always a new start, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo!!!!! What did the surgeon say??????!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No surgery!! thankfully the bone broke but stayed in place so as long as he keeps off of it, it should heal just fine on it's own!

    ReplyDelete