Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Dad

On Friday January 29th, I lost my dad. He was 87 and other than some aged slowness, he was relatively healthy. He didn't have covid or cancer or anything else. He was just getting a little older. 

He passed suddenly at home, while sleeping in his favorite chair. 

My world has been turned on it's head.  I no longer have any living parents. My children have lost the man that supported them with all his being. 

This has been a tough one and will take me some time to feel whole again. 

I miss you Dad. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I wish I had magic words to help you feel better. I remember losing my dad, and you describe it well, as far as turning the world upside down. It is probably too soon to find much comfort in memories, but my husband and I talk about our parents a lot (I have lost my dad, and he has lost both parents). The kids like to hear funny stories over and over again about their grandparents, and it helps to keep their memory alive and with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... it's baby steps, one day at a time!

      Delete