Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Springing into Spring

I love spring. Not as much as early Fall or Summer, but it is right up there. Actually, winter is really the only season I dislike, which makes me think that I should plan to move somewhere that is warmer year round. I do want to stay in Canada though, sooooo, I'm outta luck for finding somewhere warmer :) 

It's been a long time since I have gone shopping into a mall and spent the day trying on new clothes and shoes and going for lunch. Any trips to the mall right now are to quickly return something or pick up something. I park close to the store that I plan to go to and rarely stop at any stores just to "look". 

So most of my shopping has been online and I have not been buying anything because I don't go anywhere. Why would I need new clothes or shoes? But I actually do need new shoes. My shoes are starting to wear and so they will need to be replaced soon.  

I did buy 2 jackets online because I needed a transition jacket for our night walks when it's warm but still brisk.  I wanted a white one as every other jacket I seem to own is black and I think I'm small enough now that I won't actually look like a marshmallow in white! I also wanted to buy a light weight vest that would be reflective for when we are out late riding bikes or again walking at night with the dog.  The jackets arrived yesterday and they are TOO BIG! I am thrilled that they are too big but now I will have to venture back to the mall to return/exchange them. But that's ok. 

I then wondered, if I had actually changed sizes or if they were just a roomy fit, so I went into my summer drawer and pulled out some shorts that I know were tight last summer. Not only did they fit, but I honestly could go down a size. Say whaaat? 

So this weekend I will go to the store, return my too big jackets, look for some shoes and MAYBE even some smaller shorts if they are on sale. :) 

I have been much more "active" this past week. I've done a number of home workouts and have been lengthening my walks with the dog at lunch. My body feels good and I feel good! 

Weight this morning was 170.2








1 comment:

  1. I rarely go shopping myself but just last month went with a friend for shopping and lunch. It was so nice!

    ReplyDelete