Thursday, April 29, 2021

Summer Bucket List

To make this summer a little more exciting, I want to create a little bucket list of things I want to do or achieve this summer.

Some are health driven and some are just for fun. 


1. Paddle board in the ocean. I've never paddle boarded in our ocean, only been on a lake, but I want to give the ol' Pacific a try this summer.  The ocean freaks me out a bit mainly cause ours here is not that vibrant blue that you picture in your mind when you see the ocean. Ours is dark, a little grey and scary. 





2. longish bike trips. We have ordered our ebikes and I'm so excited to get them. I want to take a trip to  White Rock Pier (33K) and then eventually vancouver island (90KM). Hopefully the bikes are not too delayed. They were supposed to arrive mid may, but now looks like mid June. :(  We have vacation booked the last week of June, so hopefully we will have by then. 



3. Park Picnic with the family - this one seems simple enough, but it's so hard to drag the family out to the park for a picnic. I need the girlfriends to be there too so that they will agree with me and force the boys to come. Haven't done a full picnic in years, but I want to this summer. Even if it's just once. 

4. Okanagan wine tour - this one all depends on whether or not we will be permitted to travel this summer, but if we are, this is on my list! I've always wanted to do one.... but never gotten to it. We've gone to a few of these but not in an actual tour. 



5. Build our home gym. I haven't returned to the gym since Covid hit last april and I'm not sure if I will return. We took my car off the road as I really don't need a car during the day and I would only be insuring the car to actually go to the gym. I am starting to get into a rhythm of working out at home but I would like to setup an actual gym in the garage. It's going to take some planning and some money but I think it will be great. 



2 comments:

  1. I got most excited about the home gym, ha ha. What kinds of equipment are you looking at? I am thinking of buying a folding exercise bike, something I can tuck away into the closet when I am done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I know!!! Well that's part of the struggle - deciding what to buy. I want a cable system/ functional trainer of some sort but the boys want a bench and cage/squat rack. So we need to figure out how much room we have to work with and which will benefit all of us best. I'm excited though. :)

      Delete