Monday, May 3, 2021

Monday Musings in May




Welp, my plan to not focus on the number on the scale, seems to have back fired slightly. I'm not off the rails just yet, but I do see a familiar downward spiral in motion that I need to get control of right away. 

A few weeks ago, or maybe even longer than that, I decided that I was not going to worry about the number on the scale anymore. It can be an obsession of mine and I know that I need to be happy with myself, regardless of the weight or the number. Things started off well. I was moving more, loving my body and how my clothes fit. Not worrying about the number so much. I still weighed almost daily but I honestly did not care if the number fluctuated. I just accepted it going up or down. Funny enough that it stayed within a 2 lb range. 

But as history has shown, if I don't worry about the number, my pea brain seems to think that I can just let stuff slide. I stopped tracking my food intake and then started allowing snacks and treats and SUGAR back into my life.  It all went down hill a few weeks ago when we took a few days off of work and went out for lunch, then dinner, then it was hubby's birthday..... 

I need to reign it in cause the number on the scale was something scary!! 

May is typically a good month for me but also can be very challenging with son's birthday, mother's day and my birthday to wrap things up at the end of the month. For these reasons, I am going to pull out the old food tracker and get back the control of my eating and drinking. 

I don't want to set a goal of X number of lbs to lose because that is just a disaster for me typically and if I don't lose X, then I'm a failure even though I know well enough that I cannot control the number on the scale. 

So my goal for this month is to continue my home work outs and to go back to tracking food. I know there will be a few slip ups with the upcoming celebrations this month but that's ok. As long as I'm in control for the rest of the days, I should be fine. 

One day I might be able to not care about the number on the scale, but for now, I need it for accountability and that's ok. 


1 comment:

  1. I could have soooo written this post! I want to let the scales go...but I need the accountability! I have tried to institute a plan that as long as I am fluctuating within three pounds of my lowest weight I’m ok! (The trick is to NOT slide that lowest weight up!!)

    Like you I also can’t do a ‘set goal for weight’. If I don’t make it...and honestly as soon as I decide it is impossible to make...I give up totally!

    ReplyDelete