Tuesday, May 25, 2021

I'm not hungry....

I just finished my lunch hour and for the majority of it, I sat on the couch trying to figure out what to eat for lunch. Nothing felt appetizing and really I wasn't feeling very hungry. 

So why do I feel the need to eat. I did not eat breakfast so my brain is telling my body " You need to eat". But I don't. 

In the end, I ended up making a quick protein smoothie and although it tasted fine, it didn't wow me and now about 30 minutes after having it, I feel pretty much the same. Not full, not hungry... just eh. 

I have spent the week, trying to make the conscious effort to not snack between meals. I did give myself Saturday and sunday off but even at that point, I didn't really snack too much, although there was some grazing before and after dinner. 

I don't think it's affected my weight very much as the scale looked to be hovering around the same value as Friday but we will see what tomorrow brings. It is also my TOM (albeit 10 days late) so that might have an effect on weight as well. 

What I do want to see if my blood glucose readings this week. I'm going to fast Wednesday night and take my blood glucose Thursday morning before my coffee (2 hours after I wake up though) to see how it looks. I'm hoping that with a week of no snacking and hopefully better controlling my insulin levels that my blood glucose is better. 

It's not bad... actually, it's great during the day but my fasted blood glucose was 6.1 at my last check up. That's just too high. It should be under 5.5. Last week, before I started the no snacking venture, it was sitting at 5.3 in the morning. So we will see if it's better, worse or the same this week. 

I know that eating a low carb diet will affect blood glucose and some people become glucose sensitive so I want to try to stay on top of that as best I can. 

So not only is the number on the scale important, but so is BP and Glucose... so the goal is to try and keep them all at a healthy range. 

No comments:

Post a Comment