Tuesday, June 1, 2021

0621

June 2021. 

It's June - I can't believe it. 

Where has the time gone?

This past weekend was my birthday weekend and we celebrated Covid-19 style... so basically the same as every other weekend. :)  It's all good. had a few meals out with the hubs,  dinner at home with the  family and a few friends came by for drinks and a fire on Saturday night.  Another year older. Yay Me. 

So here we are in June so almost halfway through the year so I figured I'd check where I have come from since January. 

Weight wise - at the start of January I was 177.5. Last Wednesday I was 170.4 so a 7 lb difference or around 1.4 lbs per month. The January weight would have likely been a bit higher due to Christmas/New Years as well. 

So many ups and downs in my weight that I honestly thought I was further along in my journey to get to 155 than that. 

I have made some changes over the last 6 months with my food and my supplements and although I do think my insides are healthier, I'm not too thrilled with the changes on the scale. 

2 weeks ago I decided to change up my eating a bit. Reduce the number of snacks that I have in a day and see if it changes anything. The jury is still out on the results. I have not yet tested my fasting glucose as I will wait a few more weeks and get a good month in before I test again. The transition to no snacking was not as hard as I thought it would be. After a few days of "thinking" I was hungry during my snack time, I managed to get through them and now I can easily get through between breakfast and lunch and then again dinner, without having to grab a treat. 

I have not been tracking my food but without the snacks, I should be in a range of 1000-1500 a day which is good for me. 

I'm still weighing every day and see the fluctuations happen. Last Friday I saw 168.4 which is the lowest in a few years so that did get me excited. We will see what happens tomorrow but so far, not looking like it's going to be that low. 


6 comments:

  1. You have done really well, losing each month and not gaining it back. That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really thought I was still just maintaining but I did have a bit of a loss in last 6 months. And not gaining is massive!!

      Delete
  2. You are losing!!! That is awesome! Sure, it may not be at the rate you would like, but it is still a loss!!! Cutting the snacks is huge!! Good job!!! And last but not least! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! It's not at the rate I want but it's coming off, slowly.. very slowly. Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing anything in the last 6 months is fantastic! Many of us have gained that 7 lbs you lost. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! It is good and after spending most of 2020 just putting on weight, the loss (any loss) is awesome!

      Delete