Monday, April 11, 2022

Eggs and my gut

Ok, there is still something going on in my body. I just can't shed ANY weight no matter what I eat or don't eat. I'm still intermittent fasting and I have cut out all processed carbs. 

Scale keeps creeping up. It makes no sense. I would expect if anything it would stay the same or waver down and then back up again, but it literally is just creeping up up up. 

And here is a new thing - I can't eat eggs anymore. I used to be able to eat eggs no problem and granted I haven't had them in some time, but I know that they are a great meal for me when I'm trying to get back on track. I could eat them everyday, multiple times a day and never have a problem. 

Well, I've tried eating them 3 times in the last week, including today, and each time I get awful stomach issues and let me say, I'm very thankful I work from home! 

Something is up.  My body /gut is just not happy right now. My psoriasis is on full flare up  (has been for a few weeks) and now with the digestive issues. 

Oh it's not just eggs. As soon as I eat any vegetables, I sound like the horn section of the orchestra!  And I eat a lot of vegetables. 

Something is def up. 

I'm doing some research and seeing if I can cut things back and really simplify what I am eating to try and figure out what's going on. I have almost 0 dairy, so it's not dairy. 

If worse comes to worse, I might just do a long fast (36-48 hours) and try to do a reset in my system. There is something in there that is not happy right now AT all. 

In the meantime, I'm pulling out a detox tea that I have in my cupboard and see if that helps release some of these toxins. cant' hurt and I'm home anyways so no worries about needing to find a bathroom quickly!! 

My research continues. 


5 comments:

  1. I go through periods where eggs don't seem to agree with me. I struggle d with gaining weight. It seems as I have gotten older I have to be careful with the amount of fat I eat. It seems the fat I eat is the fat I wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I eat my fats with no carbs, my body is very happy. But I have been eating both, together and my body is really not happy. Need to get my crap together! Not only cause the weight is packing on again, but because I feel just awful!

      Delete
  2. How are you feeling now? Has the detox tea helped any? Eggs are touchy for me too. I tend to just avoid them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the tea did start to help. I could feel the bloating melt away and things were starting to improve... then easter hit! and it was literally 4 days of eating crap. So I'm bloated up like a balloon again. So back on the detox tea to hopefully keep with it a few days longer this time! :)

      Delete
    2. Sugar & white flour can really contribute to gut trouble & bloating. Be sure you ate drinking enough water too.

      Delete