Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Goals and Future Plans

Last week went well. It seems, at least for now, I have a focus with this upcoming trip to get healthier. 

Last week I ate more vegetables, which caused me a lot of gas (LOL). I did not partake in any alcohol and tried my best to stay away from treats. I believe we are almost done with all the chocolate gifties from friends & family which will be good! I need those out of my house but I have such a hard time just throwing them in the garbage. Someone spent good money to gift us chocolates so we should enjoy them, but not gorge on them!  Balance. 

I started moving my body again this week. A couple small rides and getting back into strength training and it all feels good. 

My weight has been going down consistently, today I saw a little blip up, but I have been on track so I know it's just normal fluctuations or maybe a bit of muscle strain. It's all good. This morning I was 183.4. 

So the holiday bloat seems to be gone, so now the work begins to move that number down. 

We had friends over for dinner on the weekend and got on the topic of retirement as my friend is scheduled to retire in July. Amazing! I don't feel like retirement is anywhere in my immediate horizon, however hubby figured out that he would like to retire in January of 2026.  

The whole topic of retirement got me thinking about myself and when I would like to complete work and more importantly, what do we do after we retire? I want to have a plan. Maybe a hobby or maybe some volunteer work. Maybe I'll be a grandma by then!? Who knows. 

But it makes me realize that I need to get in shape now and get my  health in order, so that when I'm ready to be done work, my retirement days/years will be enjoyable and allow me to do whatever I physically want to do. 


2 comments:

  1. Nice job eating more vegetables! Are you eating them raw? I find that raw vegetables cause me more tummy troubles than cooked. I have at least 10 years before I retire, but I have been thinking the same thing, that if I don't get to a healthy weight and start exercising, I'm going to have a very rough time as I get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both raw and cooked. I prefer raw veggies. I sometimes get tummy troubles too but this time it hasn't been too bad. A few days of gas, but after that all good!

    ReplyDelete