Tuesday, January 2, 2024

New Year - new goal!

I can't believe it's been over a month since I last updated this blog. Needless to say, nothing has changed. I'm the same old me that I was a few months ago. 

A small recap. 

Things overall have been good. Oldest boy moved out with this girlfriend in early November, so been going through the transition of him not living at home anymore. I think I'm somewhat used to it now. 

He did move home for 3 days over Christmas, which was nice to have him home, but I could tell by day 3, he was itching to head back to his apartment. :)  He's growing up... not needing me anymore. I knew the day would come and at least I have my younger son still at home to keep me feeling needed! 

The month of December was busy but good overall. I have to admit that this is the first holiday season in many many year that I have not gotten sick. I made a point of taking a dosage of Zinc every day and I'm not sure but I think that might have helped build up my immune system. 

People around me were sick and I never got sick, so....maybe? 

At the start of December, my son contacted me asking about helping him to book a flight to Arizona in February. While I was searching for flights for him, I happened to find a flight sale from Vancouver to Maui so I booked the whole family a trip to Maui in April. I'm very excited. We are taking the boys and their girlfriends and neither of the girls have ever been to Hawaii so I'm so excited to give them this gift! Hawaii is just magical to me and I'm excited to return. 

With an upcoming trip in April, I finally feel the drive to get a few lbs off. Last year, I wanted to get them off, but I also wanted cheese. Cheese always seemed to win out. 

So we are now over the holidays, it's time to get serious and get some of these extra lbs off! 

Do I hate New Year's resolutions?? YUP.... but I see this more as a 3.5 month goal that just happens to be starting today! 

BTW - my weight is up from all the loveliness that the holiday season brings. So starting a little bit back but hopefully in a week or two I'll be back to where I started at the beginning of December. 

Today ... 186.6. UGH. 



2 comments:

  1. I have never been to Hawaii. What a great trip to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a word wonderful trip to be looking forward to. I have a few goals with weight loss at the top of the list. I am doing my form of IF. I still exercise regularly but realize loss happens in the kitchen not the gym. I have a new GP so I am getting all the preventive stuff done & working on what issues come up. She referred me to an endocrinologist & we are currently working on the hypothyroidism & other metabolic issues. I want to be as healthy as I can.

    ReplyDelete