Friday, January 19, 2024

Mini Fluctuations and Frustrations

 I've been doing all the right things. ALL of the right things. I'm eating well, no alcohol or sugary drinks and exercising. 

Weight is creeping up again. 

Not going to totally stress it cause maybe it's just my body doing annoying body things. I know I'm enterig peri-menopause cause I've only  had 2 periods in the last 8 months. I'm currently sitting at 81 days since my last one. I could have one coming on or it could just be my body pretending to have a period and doing all the PMS prep like gain weight etc ?? 

I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and keep weighing every morning to see what happens. I like to weigh daily cause it keeps me on track and accountable 

Last thursday the scale got down to 181.9 and this week I'm back up to 183.4. Not terrible, but I really expected the weight to at least stay the same or drop this week.  

I'm not being obsessive... yet. :)

Last weekend was busy so I'm happy for no plans this weekend. We got a dumping of snow this week so I will spend the weekend in the house, watching the snow melt with the puppies, oh and hubby too! 

5 comments:

  1. I hate fluctuations. Yes they can really deplete my inspiration. I have made my focus for 2024 to lose this weight. For the last 2 years it been a battle I am losing. As I am getting older it is much harder + I am the slowest loser on the planet. My goal is 2 pounds a month. This week I lost 0.6 . frustrating because I did everything right! But like you I am not giving up. This time next year I will not have the goal of lose Wright but rather maintain my loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you Paula! We got this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Paula C on this and am making 2024 the year I FINALLY reach my goal weight! I remember reading somewhere that if you weigh daily, to use an average for the week to factor out the daily fluctuations...I am wracking my brain, trying to remember where I read it, so I can share it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes... I have read that too and I think I actually even have a spreadsheet that figures out the weekly average etc. My scale figures out a weekly average and yes, it's down slightly... BUT still :) I wanna see the big drop! We got this girls.... let's all make this the YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to 2024 being my year to do this!!!

    I used to have a mantra that as long as my weight was within a three pound range I was ok, it made me stress less about the fluctuations! Lately, I’ve been in a 5 pound range…one day at the top of the range and the next at the bottom! It’s frustrating for sure. I am in the same stage of life..perimenopausal…who knows when the next period will come…and I know that is a big part of our weight fluctuations! We got this!!!!



    ReplyDelete