Monday, September 17, 2018

I feel like the worst mom in the world

My baby is not well.

Fur baby that is.

When we took our youngest to Alberta we left our dog with our older boy here at home. A few days into our trip and our son noticed there was something on Murphy's back. Probably a mosquito bite or something similar. We had him wash it and then treat it with some antibiotic that he had. He noticed it a few days after we left. When we returned from our trip he still had the sores but didn't seem to be too bad so we figured it would heal on it's own. Didn't appear to be itchy and he wasn't bothered with it.

About a week later we took him for a bath and scrubbed him down really good to get off all the stink from the dog farm that he played at daily while we were away.

Then a few days later we noticed a greeny colored sticky mess near the wound area. I figured it was flared up again and oozing. The green color indicated to me that it was infected and we needed to get him antibiotic. A different one than the spray that we had been using. Plus we were almost out of the spray anyways.

So this past saturday we took him to the vet. I figured they would dig around through is fur and give us an antibiotic to treat it. Well the vet said, they would really need to clip the area to get a good look at how bad it was and be able to treat it properly.



UGH!!! I feel like the worst mommy in the world. The good thing is that it is exposed now so it can start healing but it's ugly and he's BALD!!! 

I'm mad cause of course, I figured I could just treat it myself. If I knew the large area I could just massage in the medicine. 

And will the fur grow back?? Of course, I've ready horror stories on the internet that says it wont... but the vet assured us that it will - in about 3 months. 

So I've bought him a coat in the meantime to use on our walks if it's raining or a bit cold. 

My poor BABES!!!! 

WI this week was 178..... Yippee.... who cares?!  I'm too mad!! 



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight!!

    I had a similar situation a few years back with a cat. I didn’t realize that she had an injury..or that it was as bad as it was. I literally cried with the guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGh... the guilt that is what really gets me. He's doing better now though so I'm thankful that we could catch it in time to treat it quickly.. darn pets ! :)

    ReplyDelete