Monday, October 22, 2018

Who am I doing this for?

My answer to this question will always be myself and my loves. I'm doing it so I'm healthier and so that I hopefully have more time on this earth to spend with my babies and one day their babies .

Easy right?

So why is it so frustrating when others don't notice that I've lost? I have lost 36 lbs in 4 months and I have had very few friends comment on my weight.  Last saturday at dinner my good friend Kris said, "by the way, you look awesome!" She might have been talking about my fab outfit but I think she was actually talking about  my transformation.

Nobody else has said anything. You would think 36 lbs would be enough for people to notice. I'm down one full size in my clothes but maybe it's not enough to really tell.

We were out saturday and sunday with people that I have not seen since July so they must have noticed right?

Just needed to get that out. It shouldn't bother me, but it does. Yes, I'm doing this for ME and my loves, but I just want some sort of comment on how much work I've put in to better myself from those that don't see me everyday!!!

I cheated this weekend. It was my first non planned cheat. Saturday night R had a game and we did not get out of the arena until almost 8pm. We had no plans for dinner at all and I really did not want to go to a restaurant at that time. So we stopped by the store on the way home and picked up some boneless wings and fixins for nachos.  I only ate 3 or 4 nachos so I was good in that sense but I did eat a bunch of the chicken which was breaded. Again not terrible. And then, cause I was bored, I ate a cinnamon bun !!! It wasn't even that good. It's not terrible, but I was mad that I even bothered eating it. Slip ups are going to happen but I prefer to plan for them, not just do it cause I was bored and still a bit hungry. I must plan better with food and ensure that we have appropriate snacks at home.

There would never have been cinnamon buns at home usually, but with R at home now, I have the sweets and treats that he loves. He's 16, he can eat them and still be rake thin. Plus he sweats so much and burns so many calories working out and playing hockey all the time, he has nothing to worry about...yet! :)

So all in all the calories were not terrible, the carbs were manageable but it was my attitude that I was disappointed with. Was I mad that nobody had noticed my loss and decided that I needed that bun?

I'm up a lb this week which I'm not surprised about at all... a few other slip ups this weekend and wine friday, saturday and sunday does not help.  Oh well, back at it today!!




2 comments:

  1. People are afraid to comment. I had lost over 100 pounds and saw someone ...there was no way you couldn’t notice the weight. The person didn’t say a thing....they called my mother the next day to cautiously ask if I had been sick...and mentioned that they were afraid to ask me or comment in case I had been sick...but also because it then made them admit that they had noticed the taboo subject of my previous obesity!!! Just keep doing it...they ARE noticing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.... and I am doing this for me and my babes so I really shouldn't care, but I think it's just part of our makeup to want to be seen as pretty and healthy...

    ReplyDelete