Monday, January 21, 2019

The plan for small changes

I've always believed that small changes can make a big difference. Getting up earlier to tackle a few things before work or maybe writing down a to do list will allow me to keep track of my tasks for the day.  I need to incorporate some of those small changes in my health as well. I need to increase my activity a bit. I'm not going to be drastic about it... lol... cause why would I want to do that but I am going to add a bit. I walk the dog every day at lunchtime and then again usually at night. I'm going to make a point of going EVERY night from now on. I sometimes take a pass because it's raining or I'm tucked into a show and don't feel like getting off the couch but I need to. I need to add more activity and eventually more intensity as well but we will get there... baby steps.

I want to do this because although my weight is coming off, it's coming off VERY slowly and I want to speed that up a bit. I've been "stalled" for a few months hovering around the same few lbs and it's only now that the scale seems to be moving again. I do feel healthier in my body, but my meds have not changed and my blood pressure is still fairly high in the morning before my coffee... not super high like it used to be but higher. My goal for this year was to reduce or completely come off my meds by my birthday so I have 4 months to get that done!!! That and lose 10 lbs! :)

My weight is still going down... I hit a high time low on friday of 169! Never been there so that was so exciting to see but I was back up to 170 this morning for my official weigh in. I do think TOM is on the horizon and should be appearing in the next day or two so hopefully when that's done the 1 lb and maybe a bit more will fall away too.

My eating has been good. No complaints there... I'm out of nuts but honestly think I might wait a week or two before buying any. They are my vice and I love them but I can get out of hand having a small handful here and a small handful there...  I think a break would be good!

The weekend was usual with dinner with friends on friday night (greek!) and then hockey on saturday night and sunday day....

Dad was in the hospital this weekend so I spent some time with him there as well. He's getting old... it's sad to watch him age and especially lose his memory. I need to also make more time to go and visit dad, he's not going to be here forever.

Goals for this week are continue to drink my water, move more!!! and cut down on the nuts! :)

Period week so it could be challenging with food.

Happy Monday!

170!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment