Monday, January 7, 2019

A new year and a new regroup

Happy 2019 - !!!!

Christmas was glorious even though I worked throughout for the most part. Enjoyed time with family and friends but at the same time ate and drank way too much!

January 1st locked up the liquor cabinet and threw out all left over cookies and tarts etc. Well there might be a few chocolates left over but they are individually wrapped and will be used as treats in the new year when I really need a sweet.

My weight fluctuated quite a bit over the holidays and at my highest on December 31st I was 176.5.. might have even seen a 177 but I can't truly remember anymore.

Been committed since then and I am down to 173 this morning. So a good 3 lbs down from last monday! Whoop. And I'm back on track for the most part of eating and no drinking.

Vowed to skip wine for a few weeks and I gotta say - it's been hard.. I truly love sitting in front of the fire on a saturday night and have a glass or two. This weekend it was sparkling water... not nearly the same.  One more weekend and then I will allow myself to have a glass or two on fri/saturdays but not during the week. During the 2 week holiday break I was having as glass or 3 every night it seemed. Friends stop by and we have a glass, we settled in to binge watch Netflix at night and we have another 1 or 2.... bad.

But back on track. Feel better too as I was noticing when I was eating the minimal carbs I was having that my skin started to get itchy again and I still have a pimple on my face that just won't go away.

Water water water... lots of greens and we can get this done.

I really want to be at 160 by my birthday (at the end of may) so hopefully that is possible... I think it is but we will see how it goes.

On a very positive note - this has been the LONGEST that I have ever kept weight off. Although I have been pretty much plateaued since September I have not gained other than the 3 lbs in December. I think that is something to be proud of and to continue to pat myself on the back for.

Weather is glorious today so going to head out at lunch with the pup - Rain is a coming back and it's going to be soggy the rest of the week!!

Looking forward to checking in next monday with a LOSS on the scale!!!

I saw this today from a friend on FB and thought it worth including... we can't beat ourselves up about the holidays...








No comments:

Post a Comment