Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Birthday Month!

Whelp.... May 1 and I am 1.5 lbs heavier than when I started the last month (172.5). So pretty much the same cause my weight does fluctuate a bit here and there.

I'm disappointed. I really wanted to be in the 150s by my birthday and that is just not going to happen.

I will be really happy if I can get to 168 by my birthday May 30th!  and then maybe 162 by end of June and 158 by our vacation July 23rd!  With a final goal of 155 by end of summer :)

The numbers are not terrible to achieve but considering I've been at this same weight since October, the journey is daunting.

So small goals... small steps....  I'm doing the right thing as I've been maintaining all this time and not gaining so that is a win but I have to adjust to keep losing.

So here's to MAY hopefully she will be better to me than April or March or .....

I've started (yesterday) doing a crunch challenge to strengthen my core muscles (cause they are pitiful) and also started last week doing the occasional morning Yoga and desk yoga during the day when I get restless.  I want to continue with the yoga at least a few times a week as it will help with my flexibility and posture which has been declining over the last few years. They may not help with weight loss but they will make me feel more fit! 

So goals for May are to lose weight - DUH.... and also increase my strength through daytime stretching and core exercises!

3 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! You can definitely rock this month and be successful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! What?! Desk yoga is a thing??? Off to google! :) Baby steps are the key. You can lose before your birthday for sure! It's all about your choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ! yes, Desk yoga is a thing but I also work from home so I do a little more than Desk yoga. But google, there are some good stretches you can do while you sit in your chair!!

      Delete