Monday, October 23, 2023

Accountability Partner found???

I MAY have found an accountability partner. 

It's HUBBY! 

I never asked him, I never told him that he needs to change what he is doing, but this past weekend, he said to me that he's going to make an appointment to see his doctor but he wants to kick start a bit of weight loss before he goes. 

Say what??? 

I've been on him for years and years, but he has not wanted to do it. Ever. 

But I think he finally realizes it's time. SO I will be his support and he will be mine. 

We came across our first challenge this week with a trivia night on Tuesday at the pub, so I took it upon myself to cancel. We don't need to start off the week with a failure. 

I'm so excited for his journey.  I need to reel myself in a bit as I can get a bit controlling etc, but it's exciting to see him taking care of himself. 

Let's go!!! 

5 comments:

  1. I think it's great your husband is all in. After his yearly, my husband stated we need to clean up our diet. I have had a terrible 2 years with my weight & my new doctor is changing my Rx for my thyroid & is sending me to an endocrinologist. I am so hopeful I found the right doctor and things will finally turn around for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just it. My hubby won't see our doctor for fear that he will tell him he's fat. Well guess what? You are fat.. get over it and do something about it. I'd like to change doctors but we have a HUGE doctor shortage here in canada so you are kinda stuck with what you got and thankful that you even have one. I wish you the best of luck with your new doc!

      Delete
    2. Tell your husband not to put off for that reason. I was so ashamed of my weight I wouldn't go. Stupid. The doctor will not do anything other than help to get him healthy. They don't judge. Doctors are in short supply. My husband first doctor quit & now teaches. The one he has now is planning to retire so he will be looking for another.

      Delete
  2. That is awesome! Best of luck to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in to see how things are going?

    ReplyDelete