Friday, June 25, 2021

Heat

We are gearing up for a heat wave.  Other people may laugh as it won't be THAT hot but to us here on the west coast it does not get this hot, EVER. It's not so much the temp that has me scared, it's the "feels like row below the temps"... 

We normally hover around the 22-24 mark in the summer which is just perfect for us. The majority of people in Vancouver do NOT have A/C in their homes and living next to the water, we do get a fair amount of humidity. It's not that lovely dry heat that comes in the desert areas of Canada or the US. 

So the plan this weekend is to drink water, eat salads and just sit. Can't take the dog out as he's just too hairy and too old and too fat to take the heat. Oh and I'm sure he heat will have me all bloated up like a blow fish too... :) good times. How ya'll live like this in the southern states??? 


conversion for anyone not in Canada :) 

and for comparison - this is LA next week:



Man I can whine!!! Oh well, vacation next week. Can't wait for the break.... 

1 comment:

  1. I live in Florida, and I hate the heat. I ended up here because of my ex-husband's job, then I met my current husband and never left. I can't get used to the heat. It makes me sick to the stomach sometimes. So I totally get it and don't consider it whining at all!

    ReplyDelete