Thursday, March 10, 2022

Moving Forward

The past week was successful. 


We moved MIL into a seniors home which involved a lot of packing, moving, unpacking and sorting.  We hired movers but my husband and I did all the rest. We managed to get her into the home and it's lovely. Hopefully she will be happy there. 

With all the moving activities, we were not great at cooking and ended up doing take out most days.  I was pretty good with the takeout with the exception of sushi night. But I'm not giving up my sushi.. no way, no how! 

My blood glucose is looking really good. I am currently only measuring once every 2 weeks or so, but the fasting blood glucose has been dropping and is in the normal range. 

Intermittent fasting is going really well and I have dropped the snacking in between my 2 meals. I eat at 1ish and then again at dinner (between 5-6:30).  I stop eating for the day at around 7. 

I have coffee in the am and then a cup of tea with ACV at about 11. It seems to be working for me in terms of curbing my cravings. 

My weight this morning was 171.7 so about a lb down from last week. Nothing earth shattering but feels good to see it go down. 

I have also started doing some mild exercises in the am (mostly for my blood pressure) which has been on the rise a bit lately. 

Slowly pecking away at the spring cleaning, which feels amazing to clean out cupboards etc and also to declutter.  Pantry is on my list next... that one is always fun! 

So all in all a good week. 50th birthday party for friend this weekend but should be manageable. 


4 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you found what works for you. I am st wits end wondering what to try next. I have done paleo, macrobiotic, eat clean diet. I have tried,IF but it didn't work. Not sure what's next. What is AVC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Low carb is honestly the only thing that ever worked for me (at least after I turned 40)! ACV is Apple Cider vinegar.

      Delete
  2. I need to look into ACV. I cut back this week and I lost 2 pounds. A loss is what I needed to keep me going. Have fun at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring cleaning is definitely on my to-do list! I like to start with one room and work my way around the entire house: drawers, cabinets, closets, everything.

    ReplyDelete