Thursday, March 24, 2022

Small Changes or Just Hormones

 Last week I was seeing my weight bob around on a roller coaster but never really going down. It went up, it went up some more and then it went down a bit and then up some more... you get the idea. 

So I vowed to change up a few things.  My eating has been pretty good so I knew I didn't have to make any drastic changes, but I wanted to experiment and see if just a few things were causing me to stall and have bloat. 

So I cut out nuts and cream in my coffee and really cut down on my cheese.  And low and behold after a few days of skipping my handful of nuts after work and cutting out the cream in my two cups of coffee in the morning, I saw a drop. 

My weight on Thursday was 173.3 and by Sunday it was at 170.9.  OVER A WEEKEND!! Ok... that never happens. 

We went out for dinner last Thursday for St. Paddy's day. I had salad and a couple glasses of wine. We entertained friends on Friday and had a plethora of sushi and a couple wine coolers.  Saturday was a busy day but we figured we would just have munchies for dinner on Saturday (hot wings, a few nachos) and still ended up with a loss on Sunday morning! 

Say what??  But maybe it wasn't the foods I had eliminated. Maybe it was just my body ready to shed the extra water weight that I had put on last week. 

However, the weight continued to drop over the next few days (170.2) and then on Tuesday I ate cheese. And Wednesday I ate nuts. And my weight started popping up again. 

My weight was 171.5 this morning. So really not bad and just a bit over the weight on the weekend but after eating the cheese and nuts I know that it causes me to bloat and retain water. Not to mention they are extra calories that I really do not need.  Maybe the slight gain is just my body getting ready for my TOM which is literally just around the corner. But maybe it's the food? 

This weekend/week I will continue to experiment with different foods and see how they affect me. But for now, no coffee cream, no nuts and sadly, no more cheese.. at least for the immediate future. 




3 comments:

  1. I find keeping fats lower results in weight loss. Everyone I know lost weight on Keto. Not me. I gained. I do better on a low fat diet. I had a small loss this week. 0.2 pounds. But it is the third loss in a row. Currently I am reading Breaking up with Sugar. I think I am going to try it. But I want to read the entire book first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be on the right track to figuring out what your body needs (and doesn't need) in order for you to lose weight right here and now! It's crazy how our bodies change and need different things at different stages in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it possible it's the amount and the calories in the cheese and the creamer, vs. just the consumption of those foods? Do you track your total calories? I am no expert, by far, just wondering if maybe you consume more calories on the days you have those items. Nuts can add up quickly.

    ReplyDelete