Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Success, I guess...

Well, I'm shocked I was able to get through last night's run cause it was a series of clusterfucks from the start.  On my way home on the bus, I continued to struggle with the thought of running: How will I make it through tonight and then thursday and saturday for the big 20 minute run? What if I don't make it, will I have to start the week over or do I go back to week 4? blah blah blah.

The track that I run is right next to the park and ride where I hop on and off the bus at night. I switched to the track a week ago because the ground is softer than the paved road and I don't have to worry about big trucks, cars etc. The track is an old race horse track not your typical running track so it's a bit longer and very rarely used by anyone.

Anyway... I get off the bus and they are working on the track. There are bulldozers, big work trucks and all sorts of other machinery there, the entrance is blocked off with a sign that says "Street reconstruction project - closed 6 weeks starting April 5 Monday to Thursday 7am to 5:30pm"... WTF?

So strike number 1. The City folks are traipsing all over my track with their big tractors and machines and won't let me in until 5:30. Fine.

I get home and start to get ready anyways. Can't find my running capris and sports bra! Anywhere. I look in the laundry room, the folded laundry pile, the closet, the drawer.. Where are they? Oh, wait... they are at the bottom of the dirty hamper... DAMNIT!  Pull em out, give them a sniff test... they are ok for one more go around. Strike 2.

Head downstairs to get my iPhone ready, battery is 1/2 dead. COME ON!!! I quickly put the phone on my charger. I have to wait another 15 minutes for the work dudes to move their big machines, so I can wait.

I wait...and wait...

Finally 5:20.. I head out. In my not so fresh running outfit, my water, my phone - all good. On my drive to track I pass the big work trucks, so I know they are gone and I should be free to run and be all on my lonesome !!!

I get there and this is what the entrance to the track looks like..... this is a stretch of about 50 feet of my run...



The rest of the track was ok. It was a bit chilly out and looked like it was going to rain at any moment but I managed to get through it. I did have to tip toe through this shit above, so my times were a bit slower than normal but it was ok.

I think I'll have to change location for thursdays run, especially if it rains... Asshats.. Stay off my track!

With regards to my Tuesday goals:
1. Drink 3 litres of water!  CHECK
2. Stay within Daily Points! FAIL - but only went over 2 and I have not dipped into my weeklies yet. Just activity points
3. Run C25K tonight  CHECK
4. 200 situps  CHECK
5. Cut up fruit and freeze for smoothies FAIL... too tired, but I do have to do this tonight!

Wednesday Goals:
1. Drink 3 litres of water!
2. Stay within DP!
3. Laundry - I know this has nothing to do with losing weight but it will keep me busy :)
4. cut up fruit and freeze for smoothies
5. Look up some Arm exercises to do with free weights

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment