Tuesday, April 2, 2013

W5D2 - NSVs and some troubling numbers

Over the weekend I saw a friend that I had not seen since last June. After speaking with him for awhile he asked if I had lost weight! WHOOP! For some reason it's a big deal to hear it from a male, I'm not sure why because typically women are more observant and critical but it felt nice for someone to notice. I have not really noticed. My clothes fit a bit better but when I bought a few small pieces last week, they were the same size as before. But I think the XL now fits, where as before I sorta squeezed my ass into it.

Yesterday at work my coworker also mentioned that I looked smaller! Whoop! So now I've heard from someone I haven't seen in almost a year and someone that I see every day! Lovin it! And it gives me the motivation to keep going.

Onto the troubling numbers. One of the biggest reason that I wanted to get healthy and drop this weight was for health reasons. I know it should be the only reason but vanity is important as well - at least to me.  Well rewind to last september when I had my physical. My doctor was very upset with me for putting on the weight that I had put on and I left the office in tears. The one thing that really scared me during that visit was that when he went to take my blood pressure, he said that he could barely get a reading. He tried for almost 15 minutes and could not get a valid reading. Boo :(

This scared me, so much that I instantly decided that I would change my life and get moving to get that blood pressure reading corrected and in a normal range. I have always struggled with HBP. Both of my parents have HBP even though my dad is extremely healthy in every other way. Momma passed away when she was 61 - Cancer not heart! Love ya mom! :)

Well, within about a week I had forgotten all about getting healthy and went back to my ways. I shouldn't say I had forgotten about it, you can't really forget something like that but let's say that I avoided the issue. Did this until January 15th when I started back up again on WW and decided to finally make the change.

So fast forward to sunday when we were at dinner with the inlaws and dad. I asked Dad if I could borrow his BP home monitor for a few weeks to test my BP. I took it home and got myself hooked up and ran that sucka. It squeezed my arm until I though a vein would burst (I know that is not a good sign when it has to squeeze that hard to get a pulse)... bad news. It's still high. Very high, like my heart could explode any minute high. It was 220/190. WTF!?

I think the cuff was the wrong size for me, but still it's high. I tried again when I got home last night from work and it was better but still high 174/140... UGH.

Still have lots of work to do... :(

We press on..

Goals today:
1. Water
2. Walk - 6000 steps!
3. Stay within pts

The good news for the day is big S has decided to get healthy too. I have been worried about his weight for some time now and glad that he has decided to do something to change it. His starting weight is 255. Not crazy high, but high for him.

*Also - when I say 6000 steps - that is at one time, not all day.. in case you were wonderin'

Momma

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear people comment on my weight loss. It makes me feel so good. So YAY YOU!

    Don't let the numbers discourage...use them to motivate!

    ReplyDelete