Thursday, March 7, 2013

Week 2 Day 4....a little reflection

Going to a funeral is not a fun thing to do, espeically when it's with your 14 year old son. Yesterday, we attended the funeral of N's good friend's mom. She passed away from brain cancer at the age of 59.   I never knew this lady, hadn't even met her before. The ceremony was lovely. Friends and family spoke such kind words about her and there was even a slide show that travelled through her 59 years on this earth. Although, I never knew her, she seemed like a lovely person.  A really kind person. You could tell in her photos. Each of them captured a smile that could be photocopied from one to the next.

I've posted about this before but this funeral made me think more and more and more about it. If I were to die tomorrow or soon, or whenever, would there be photos for my family to remember me?

The flat out answer to that is no. I hate my picture to be taken because I hate the reflection I see when I look at it. That fat person is not me. When other people look in the photo do they see a fat person? Maybe, but they hopefully see more than that and see me... Who I am.

I've been setting short term goals but I'm making this long term goal right now. I will get more photos of me from this point on regardless of my weight. My boys deserve to have memories that they can show their children/grandchildren etc in the event that I'm not physically here.

This will start in Vegas. That's my new goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment