Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 4, Day 1 and WI?

It was the morning where I knew if I stepped on the scale it would be bad news... just knew it! I've been tracking my weight and weight fluctuations for about 6 weeks now so I know how my body behaves and how I retain at certain points of the month. I also know that because I've been feeling so bloated and uncomfortable for the last few days that it was going to be bad news. I knew it !! So why did I weigh in.

I could have easily just walked on by it and not bothered, but I have to know. It's an obsession. I have to step on it and see what it says. I've always said that it doesn't affect my moods but I think we all know how it feels when the scale is down a few pounds. It feels better than sex... admit it!  And we all know that when it goes up, every possible reason flows through our little pea brains to explain the slight gain. We blame salt, clothes, not enough water, too much water, not going to the bathroom, etc etc...

The reality is that I feel great. Great. I look in the mirror and am starting to really like what I see. I can feel smoothness down my waist to my hips and I feel my hip bones and collar bones. These are signs that my body is turning from mostly fat to not mostly fat! That is important and healthy for me. I'm never going to be 130 lbs... hell I might not make 150 but these small signs are signs that things are getting better for me.

I know that I did not eat 7000 extra calories this week to explain the 2 lb gain. I'll record it with a note saying that it's the "hormonal hell week" and move on.

I am not ready to put the scale away yet, because if I had not tracked my weight all week, every day I think I would have been more disappointed this week. I fully expect the 2 lbs to be gone by Wednesday and then I can proceed with last weeks and this weeks accomplishments.

We press on....

1 comment:

  1. Crazy, I just wrote a post about my love hate with the scales! :-) Can't live with and I'm not ready to live without them!

    ReplyDelete