Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Goals...

Each and every morning I walk up the same two flights of stairs to the train upper deck and then when we arrive in town I walk up the same two flights of stairs to street level. I don't stand on the escalator, I walk - on the left hand side cause that's where people walk (unless you get a bonehead that won't move and doesn't know the rules!) ...  well this morning the escalator was not working. Why does that walk up the stairs seem SO MUCH HARDER?  And why do I get this herculean feeling over me when I get to the top like I've climbed mount Everest! It's a frickin set of stairs!

I still get winded when I walk up that flight of stairs. Granted I'm carrying my 10lb sac of lunch and other work day goodies, but still, winded. It's ridiculous.

My goal, once I get to a decent weight and more importantly a decent fitness level is to "do the grind".  The Grouse Grind. I haven't told Shawn yet that this is what I want to do but damnit I'm going to do it. I have to.

Here's a picture of it:



Here's another one:



I'm pretty sure people die trying to climb this thing! I will be ready for it. I will do it. But first I have to lose some of this flubber.

As a side note - my scale did not move again this morning so I'm pizzed at that. It might take me a little longer to get to those stairs!

2 comments:

  1. Just think, all of those stairs are just training for the Grouse Grind! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the plan.... we will see how it works out. thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete