Friday, February 18, 2011

Somehow Friday always seems to make it better

It's friday today and I feel human again. I considered working from home again today but after being home for the last 3 days I figured it was time to peel myself away from the couch and bust my ass into work.

It's a sunny day in Vancouver today which just makes everything so much better. Check out the pic from my office..



It's a bit bright but that is because the sun is shining! And check it, snow on the mountains today! Squeee.

 The kids have  a pro-D day from school so hubby is going to stay home and spend the day with them. Nice. Hopefully they will do the grocery shopping and prep some food for the weekend and oh maybe clean my bathrooms for me today. Ok, maybe not but a girl can dream...

I've decided to clean out my closet this weekend. Throw away anything that is too ugly or too big. There are actually a few things in there that are too big, believe it or not!  I looked at my stack of jeans in the upper right hand of one of my shelves and thought, I'm going to get into each one of those pairs of jeans by summer! I think there is even a size 10 in there somewhere! I'm not even sure I could fathom trying on a size 10 right now but I know they are in there somewhere.

I also have a favorite pair of board shorts that I have not fit into since 2004. I know, that's  a long time ago but I love them and they are still in Style (board shorts for goodness sakes) so I want to get back into those as wells. Those are my goal clothes!

Funny thing - I went into my underwear drawer this morning and could not find any of my favorite pairs. I guess after being sick for a few days, nobody has done the laundry. That's my job!! So I had a few pairs of "new" underwear that have always been too small for me. I figured I'd give them a try this morning - they FIT!!!  They didn't cut off circulation in my thighs and make me look like I have sausage links under my pelvis, they actually fit!  All of a sudden, I have a whole whack of new undies to wear!  :)

Weight was still down this morning and I did eat like a regular human yesterday. Did not get in my fruit or veggies like I wanted but did manage to pack down a whole bunch of comfort carbs so the scale might be somewhat realistic.

I'm going for soup today. That's my plan. He'd better have it this time. No plans tonight so eating should be under control. I look forward to posting my weight on Monday, gonna be conquering that first goal! At least I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for smaller underwear! =) I'd for sure take that illness weight loss and run with it - sometimes being sick is the easiest diet ever! Ha!

    Love the view from your office - mine doesn't compare. I can see a parking log and a busy street. Boo.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete