Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where exactly does it come from?

I've been sick for 2 days now. Snotty, congestion, stuffy sick. I'm amazed at how much phlegm and snot the body can produce. It's kinda gross actually.

I'm feeling more human today - will even have a cup of coffee this morning.

Weighed myself this morning and I'm going to completely ignore that weight cause it's a direct reflection of me not eating for 2 days. So I'll start eating my veggies and fruit again today and not weight myself until Saturday. By then my body hopefully will have caught up with the big loss.

I feel like I've been sick a lot more this year than past years. After hubby's dad died in November he got sick and then it passed through the 4 of us since then. I have had it 3 times!!! I'm sick of it (no pun intended)!

Not sure what I need to do to build up my immune system more. I would have thought that by eating better for the last month that I would be stronger. Maybe not. I guess I might have to add that exercise component into my life sooner than later.

Thinking about attempting C25K again. I did it 2 years ago - well got to week 8! And then had a knee injury so had to stop. And then attempted it again last summer which was a bad idea. Couldn't get into the rhythm as we were away so often during the summer.

But I do want to try again. I wish I had a treadmill at home. I have a hard time paying $6 to use the one at the community center and the weather is still fairly undesirable for running.

So I'll keep up with my 200 sit ups and then maybe move onto 100 push ups and then C25K.  I'll hope to start this in March for spring break!

In the meantime I just need to get rid of this cold and all the snot... :)

1 comment: