Sunday, March 13, 2011

Finding distractions

It's been a very tough weekend, food wise. Needing to find myself more distractions so I don't always turn to food. It does appear that my reason for eating is purely out of boredom. I don't eat because I'm sad, or mad, or stressed. I eat because I'm bored!

Friday night we went out to visit with friends and dinner was somewhat point friendly and so was the 1 glass of wine that I had planned to have with dinner. We saw friends there and when the boys started to flex their masculinity, it flowed over to shooter competitions and before I knew it I had 2 maybe 3 shooters. Those had not been planned.

Saturday started off ok - as it was another busy saturday, ate well until night time. Then the boredom set in. I had been in the house doing pretty much nothing since about 1pm and by 8, I was sick of sitting in the same spot, doing the same thing.

Today - gobbling up everything it seems. Started ok with a slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and sliced bananas and a cup of coffee. Went out to watch Big N's game and when we returned I was starving. Ate a bowl of chili and rice, edamame pods, 4 cookies and a purdy's chocolate bar. And I could eat more.

Part of the reason why I decided to update my blog today. Maybe by writing about it, I will avoid the temptations.  I have laundry to do, bathrooms to clean but still I think about food. UGH!

And the scale is not moving. No surprise really as I have been somewhat off plan all week.

I did run though. C25K week 1 complete. Start week 2 on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment