Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Start of week 2

I don't think it's fair for me to say that I love running, because let's be honest - what I'm doing is not really "running". Out of 30 minutes, I'm actually only logging 9 minutes of actual run time! But I have to say I LOVE it.

I'm not particularly good at it or fast at it. Actually I'm downright slow and so happy that I'm doing this on my own because if i were doing it with someone else, I'm pretty sure I would push myself and end up injuring myself.

I started week 2 yesterday. I was a bit hesitant about starting it because the run intervals went from 60 seconds to 90 seconds but honestly, it wasn't that bad. I think the thing that also helped was that there were only 6 rather than the 8 intervals that existed in Week 1.

I still feel pressure when I see a car driving towards me. If  I'm in the middle of my run, I don't want to stop, I have a nagging feeling that if I stop running when the driver can see me, somehow I'm a failure. Which is stupid... but that's how I feel. Thankfully, I run in an area where few people drive or live. I sometimes see a person walking their little dog or workers travelling to and from the farms in their big trucks, but otherwise, it's just me.

I've adjusted my running style to a mid-foot land rather than a heel-toe land. This seems to really help prevent shin splints but I think it slows me down a bit.

It's fun though.. I look forward to the day when I can run the full 5K without stopping or thinking I'm going to die, but baby steps.

Weight is the same.... but we won't talk about that today.

:) Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment