Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Patterns

When the boys were in Grade 2, they brought homework home about Patterns.  They would walk around the house and study the walls, the floors etc to find patterns. I'm still not sure how this applies to math but I went along with it anyway.  Since I started WW I decided to keep track of my weight on a spreadsheet. I usually only update it on my official WI day, but in the last week or so I've been tracking daily and guess what, it seems like I have developed a pattern of sorts.

Last month, approximately 2 weeks following my TOM, I had a gain. My take on this is ovulation time, and I think it's happening again this month. I had a dip in weight on the weekend and now I have slowly started to creep up again. And for no real reason. I'm not eating more, or differently than before, I think it's just a hormonal thing.

I've also noticed that my weight dips on saturdays/sundays and then starts to rise again mondays to wednesdays and then starts to dip again. I actually look forward to plotting my weight fluctuations over the next few months. Maybe, somehow it will help combat the terror I feel when I see the scale notch up one or two lbs. Or maybe not.

On another note - I had a STRONG urge this morning to exercise. I know weird right!?  So tonight I will do W1D1 of C25K. It's lighter longer in the days right now and with daylight savings coming this weekend, I will have many hours after work to fit in a light run.  I'm excited. Gonna put together my playlist this afternoon and then head out when the kids are home from school.  My original thought was to start at W2, but I think that's a little ambitious right now. Figure I'll do W1D1 today and see how it goes.

Wish me luck - I'll report back tomorrow how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment