Monday, March 7, 2011

Way too old for this stuff

This weekend was ok. Big N is still sick (took him to the doc on friday - results tomorrow) but he kept us pretty close to home for the majority of the weekend. Lot's of tv, cleaning, puttering. We had tickets to the annual school dance for saturday night and could not decide whether we would go or not. Didn't feel completely comfortable about leaving the boys at home when Big N was not well, but also looked at the fact that the dance was literally 2 blocks away. Could be home in a jiffy if required.

Decided that we would go for a few hours, have a couple of drinks, say hi to friends, spend some money on things we don't need and go home.  10pm max!

Drink specials of the night were martinis (lemon drop, cozmo, crantini etc), beer , sangria (not going there), or wine. I decided to get a couple of crantini tickets and then decide later if I wanted another drink.

The first one went down too fast. So I jumped in the line up for #2. The line took 25 minutes. Seriously! So they decided to move the beer/wine people to another line as the martini lineup was going to move slower. Finally got my drink and slurped that back quickly too.

We are in trouble now.... There was an option at the cash bar to buy tickets for single drinks or if needed you could use 5 wine tickets to purchase an entire bottle. Sounds like a plan. I'll get the bottle, bring to the table, and all can partake!

So - 2 martinis and 1 bottle of wine (less one glass that a friend had), I was stylin!

We got home about 11:30 and I felt fine for about 20 minutes and then the tummy started churning. Oh gawd, I'm gonna be sick. And Yep.... sick.

and the next morning. Sick and a headache for most of the day. What a waste of a sunday. I'm too old for this stuff.

did not weigh in this morning because I didn't like the number... AGAIN. I think I'm going to officially move my weigh in day to tuesday.

Back to work now... and my celery sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment