Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hope you remembered to wear Green today Mom!

A big shout out to my mom in heaven today. Mom was Irish, through and through. The title of this post is a little funny because I honestly cannot remember too many days when Mom did not wear green. Whether it be a green shirt, scarf, jewellery, what have you... it was green!

St. Pat's day is just another day for me. Growing up in canada we celebrate it  (by wearing green) but we don't do the big hoopla that much of the Eastern coast does.  There are a number of pubs around town that will serve green beer and have the usual crazy drunkenness but it's not really the norm, or my norm.

Our tradition growing up was to wear Green on a day like today and mom always made us encouraged us to wear a pin that said 'Kiss me I'm Irish' . I hated wearing that pin because somehow I thought that gave anyone the right to come and kiss me - which never happened by the way!

So in honor of my momma ~ I'm wearing Green today. I'm not wearing the pin cause, well, I just didn't have one on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment